Gift Voucher Websites
Over 70% of Sofitel hotels
in Australasia have an OmniHyper®
Ecommerce Gift Voucher website
Average Voucher Sales
$54,825.33 per month
01 July 2021 – 31 December 2021
Objectives & Goals
OmniHyper® Mobile First Gift Voucher Websites are a cost-effective solution so your property can advertise and process gift vouchers for the following areas;
- Hotel (goods / services / packages / resort / hotel credit)
- Day Spa (treatments / packages / spa credit)
- Restaurant(s) (goods and services / restaurant credit)
- Easy way to receive money now for goods and services to be used at a later date
- 60% of all gift vouchers are never actually claimed (current case with all properties overall)
- Website is Mobile First, designed for ultimate user experience and conversion, so you can sell more vouchers
- Online has a greater uptake and conversion and has a 24/7 shop front, versus having to phone or email. Credit card details over email also raises security concerns
- Online eliminates internal staff time, postage and handling
All Included Package
Includes Mobile First website build and testing
Launched live to the web
Service & Support
Includes full project management, service and support
Includes online / in person training
Only Pay When You Sell
Gift Voucher Payment Process
Gift vouchers are paid directly into your nominated bank account.
Transaction time frame is the same as if a customer were paying with a credit card in your hotel.
Ready when you are.
Drive immediate revenue to your hotel.
Gift Voucher Website FAQ
Assuming the payment made is full voucher price less the merchant fee?Yes.
Can I update the website myself?Yes, you can add new vouchers, edit existing vouchers, and remove vouchers, without talking to us.
Can we customise the voucher design more?Yes, there may be additional costs involved depending on the scale of customisation you require.
How are gift vouchers redeemed?Staff would be introduced to the backend website portal to check and process redemption. It is very easy and can be used anywhere you have access to the internet – there is no requirement for software of any sort to be installed.
How are the vouchers sent?The vouchers are automatically sent via email with a PDF gift voucher attached. The user purchasing the gift voucher can email it to the giftee direct from the website, or they can email it to themselves.
How does it work with my current microsite/individual property website?You can simply add a new “Gift Vouchers” item to the menu of your microsite and link it to your new gift voucher website. The gift voucher website is designed to look at feel like your current microsite, as to not confuse users and generate best conversion. You can also add banners and links on pages throughout your website, such as your restaurant and spa pages, to further encourage purchases.
How does the finance department reconcile these transactions?The website automatically emails; Daily Summary This email will list all vouchers sold the previous day (refer visual). Monthly Summary This email will list;
- Total monthly voucher sales and value
- Total monthly voucher redemptions and value
- Total number of vouchers that have expired along with their value
- Real Time Reports Your team will be provided training on how to pull real time reports from the back end of the website.
Is the payment made after each transaction or pooled together monthly?If there were 10 separate vouchers/transactions sold in one day, then that would be 10 payments (not 1) on that day.
Is there any reporting?Yes, the backend system has reporting, where you select date ranges and other details to run reports and much more.
What are the merchant fees?We typically use Stripe who will charge 1.75% plus an additional 30 cents per transaction for domestic orders. International cards are 2.9% plus an additional 30 cents per transaction. There is a 2% fee if currency conversion is required.
What do the gift vouchers look like?We have templates setup for each brand, two examples are pictured.
What is the timeframe between the transaction being made online and payment being made to the hotel?This is down to how fast banks process the transaction. It will be the same time frame as if a customer were paying with a credit card in your hotel.
What is your support like?Our staff are based locally in Australia and New Zealand only. We typically respond to emails within 2/3 hours latest and are also available by phone anytime.
Where does the money go?Directly into your bank account.